Welcome to the third episode of Side Biz Start
- What is this podcast? – go back and listen to the first episode
- Main topic today – learning what you need to say “no” to
Why is saying “no” so hard?
- Some of us are people-pleasers, so we like saying “yes” to people.
- It makes us feel better when we help others (dopamine).
- We feel like we need a “small distraction.”
- We want to have some fun in our lives.
- When you say “yes” to something, you are automatically saying “no” to something else.
- Conversely, when you say “no” to something, it allows you to say “yes” to something else – hopefully to the right thing.
- Saying “no” takes discipline – as we already talked about, it’s not easy.
What to say “no” to
- Social media
- Friends and family
What to say “yes” to
- Be purposeful, not entrepreneurial.
- Ask yourself, “What is the One Thing I can do that will make everything else easier or unnecessary?”
- Don’t burn yourself out – take time for personal care
Do you have something to say?
- If you have a question or comment, I’d love to hear it! You can contact via the website (SideBizStart.com/contact) or call 405-771-0567.
- You can also leave a comment on the show notes on the website, on social media, or by leaving a rating and review on your podcast player. These not only give me feedback, but can help the community as well.
- I’m thinking about starting a Facebook group that can serve as a way to help you create and keep the right mindset. It’ll be like an informal mastermind group where you can ask and answer questions as well as share the progress of your side biz. If you’d be interested in this, please let me know. I don’t want to create a ghost town, so I want to know that there is interest in this.